Personal information – What we collect and why
- To offer services and information to you
- To conduct further research or statistical analysis
- To identify and verify things
- To be able to carry on further development and research
- To help in market research and customer profiling
- To initiate data analysis
- To comply with regulatory and licensing requirements
We may only disclose your personal details:
- If it is required by any regulatory authority or by law
- If such action is necessary and we believe that in good faith
- If you give us consent for disclosing
- If it is required for disaster recovery
How do we use your collected information?
The information that we collect from you can be used when you register with Viewpoint Nigeria, sign up for our Newsletter, browse through the website, and respond to some survey or when you utilize few features of our website in the following ways:
- To customize your user experience and let us deliver the kind of product and content offerings in which you seem to be interested
- To follow up with them post correspondence
- To enhance our website viewpointnigeria.com and let us serve you in a better manner
In what way do we safeguard your information?
We never use scanning or vulnerability scanning and we only offer information and articles but never ask for your credit card numbers. Malware scanning is something that we regularly use. The personal details that you offer us is safe behind our secured networks and can only be accessed by limited number of people who have access rights to such systems and who are bound to keep the information safe and private. Moreover, the sensitive information that you provide us with is encrypted through SSL or Secure Socket Layer technology. There are a number of security measures that have to be passed by the user whenever he submits or accesses personal details to retain the safety of your personal details.
Can you view and delete your personal details?
Yes, you have the power to view all the personal details that you’ve shared with us by logging in to our website. The data and user information can be exported anytime provided you’re logged in to our website www.viewpointnigeria.com. If you want to, you can also unsubscribe to all our mails at any time and as you do this; your mail address will be automatically removed from our mailing list. If you contact us, we can also manually remove your account from our list.
What is our ‘cookie’ policy?
- In order to keep track of advertisements
- To compile and gather data regarding site traffic and interactions to provide you with better user experience in the future. We can also leverage third-party services that track details on your behalf.
You have the discretion of allowing your computer to prompt you whenever a cookie is being sent to you. This is possible by changing the browser settings. Once you turn off cookies, it can turn off few vital features of our site.